At Shelby State Bank, we pride ourselves on the community-based banking we have offered since 1931. We may have grown to 10 branches since then, but each retains a sense of community.
Shelby State Bank Mobile Banking App (the “App”)– powered by Fiserv – helps you control your credit
and/or debit cards through your mobile device, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.The App allows you to:
• check the balances of your accounts
• manage your money
• view your transactions and statements
• make transfers
• pay your bills and manage billers
• deposit a check
• receive alerts
• manage cards
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT IN THE APP
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
• We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail,
telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
• We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the
Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification,
verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
• If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as
well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
• We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any
information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity
verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide
some of our Services.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log
information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our
Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
• Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version,
manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device
type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier,
radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city,
state or geographic area.
• Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or
screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages
or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of
• Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the
visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping
you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality,
and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
• Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality
but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in
connection with specific applications.
• Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a
webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
• Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the
collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect your location
information when you use the Services; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If
you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location
when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
(a) General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services
to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request,
and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the
• facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account;
• identify you as a legitimate user in our system;
• provide improved administration of the Services;
• provide the Services you request;
• improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services;
• send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance
• send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
• comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas
or requests from government authorities;
• protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and
defending legal claims);
• audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and
• enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
• prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal
activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.