ATM SAFETY TIPS
As issuers of Automated Teller Machine (ATM) access devices, we have provided for your information a list of safety precautions regarding the use of ATMs. Please read the following safety tips:
- Be aware of your surroundings, particulary at night.
- Consider having someone accompany you when using the ATM after dark.
- It is appropriate to politely ask someone who is uncomfortably close to you to step back before you complete your transaction.
- Refrain from displaying your cash. Pocket it as soon as your transaction is completed. Count the cash later in the safety of your car or home.
- Consider using another ATM or coming back later if you notice anything suspicious. If you are in the middle of a transaction and notice something suspicious, cancel the transaction, pocket your ATM access device, and leave.
- Go to the nearest public area where people are located if you are followed after making an ATM transaction.
- Report all crimes to law enforcement officials immediately.